Saturday, March 29, 2008

Eee update

Well it is the end of March and I still do not have my Eee configured the way I want it. I am asking a lot from the little guy and since I do not want to count on the SSD, I am trying to run off an external hard drive and it is proving to be more challenging than it should be. If I had more time to work on it I would have been done a while ago.

The main problem I ran into was that when I installed Nitro PDF on the device and rebooted, I received the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) and could not repair it. I had to start over. As a result of this I wish to be able to recover quickly. I have created a bootable USB Flash Drive with DOS and Ghost 9 to use for backup and recovery. Using Ghost takes a large amount of time so it has been slowing me down quite a bit.

I hope to wrap this up shortly and post the steps I took as the best I remember them.

No comments: